Senior Data Scientist- Pune (3 to 5 years of experience)
Experience : 3 – 5 years
Requirements : • Presents and depicts the rationale of findings in easy to understand terms for the business
• Presents back results that contradict common belief, if needed
• Communicates and works with business subject matter experts and organizational leadership
Task Info :
Handling Business and Data requirements
· Leads discovery processes with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome
· Models and frames business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions
· Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new datacollection processes
· Develops innovative and effective approaches to solve client’s analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies
· Works in iterative processes with the client and validates findings
· Develops experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses
· Validates analysis using scenario modelling
· Identifies/creates the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns
· Qualifies where information can be stored or what information, external to the organization, may be used in support of the use case.
Communication & Presentation
· Presents and depicts the rationale of findings in easy to understand terms for the business
· Presents back results that contradict common belief, if needed
· Communicates and works with business subject matter experts and organizational leadership
· Improves organizational performance though the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services.
· Employs sound judgment in determining how innovations will be deployed to produce return on investment.
Typical Experience / Education
· Bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; Master degree preferred.
· Typically 3-5 years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
· The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
· Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java), and statistical modeling (like R or Python).
· Experience in using machine learning algorithms.
· Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
College Preference : no-bar
Min Qualification : ug
Skills : bigdata, forecasting, hadoop, machine learning, mapreduce, multivariate analysis, optimization, predictive modeling, python, r, spss, statistical modeling, statistics
Location : Pune