Data Science Researcher & Faculty- Full Time
Experience : 2 – 4 years
Requirements : Excellent communication skills
Task Info :
- An exciting start-up in education and one of India’s top data science training institutes, Edvancer started by IIM/IIT alumni requires full-time data science researchers & faculty based in Mumbai. Our mission is to create a data science knowledge hub where anyone looking to upgrade their skills in this field would find a solution. We work with some of India’s top corporates like EY, PwC, JP Morgan, GE, L&T, Cognizant amongst others.
- The ideal candidate would be:
1. an experienced data scientist
2. experienced data science trainer
- Desired Experience & Skills:
- Experience level required is 2-5 years.
- The candidate should have excellent knowledge of statistics, predictive modelling and machine learning techniques.
- Great ability to effectively communicate knowledge to trainees.
- Advanced proficiency in R is mandatory. Knowledge of SAS/Python/Hadoop/Spark/ would be a bonus.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured, start-up like environment in a small team.
- A love for teaching will be appreciated.
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Training delivery: Delivering trainings in both a corporate & online set-up and imparting learning in a way which ensures understanding and retention.
- Course development & product management: Develop cutting-edge, practical content especially case studies, projects and datasets. Continually focus on improving the data science course product to keep it the best in the industry.
- Consulting: Get opportunities to work on consulting assignments with our clients.
- Research: Researching new trends and technologies in the field and developing content and courses on the same
- Thought leadership: Publish original content (articles, videos etc.) on our blog with tens of thousands of readers under your name and establish thought leadership in this industry.
- Would prefer a Statistics/Maths/Economics/Computer Science post-graduate or an Engineer or MBA with relevant experience.
- Compensation will be competitive with stock options for the right candidates and the work environment professional and challenging with colleagues from the top institutes of India. You will be a self-starter, curious, open to learning and consistently innovative in your approach. This is a great opportunity for professionals looking to move to academia but without leaving the corporate environment.
College Preference : no-bar
Min Qualification : ug
Skills : analytics, business analytics, Data analytics, data science, logistic regression, machine learning, python, r, random forest, rstudio, statistical modeling
Location : Mumbai