Analytics Roadshow with UpGrad & IIIT-Bangalore (3 Dec ’16 – 11 Feb ’17)
At Analytics Vidhya, we love evangelizing Analytics and Data Science. One of the biggest reason behind creating Analytics Vidhya was to address the knowledge gap between Analytics practitioners and the people who needed guidance from these practitioners. We love to promote Analytics ecosystem in whatever way we can – blogs, hackathons, discussions, webinars and meetups are just different forms and manifestation of the same objective.
I am pleased to announce that today we take one more step in this direction. We are partnering with various thought leaders in our industry. We, along with UpGrad, IIIT-Bangalore, Genpact and Gramener have decided to do an Analytics roadshow, where we will conduct several events creating these interaction points across India.
As part of this roadshow, we are doing several events. Here is a brief overview of the same:
- 9 webinars – These webinars will be conducted by industry experts and are aimed to increase analytics awareness, provide a way for aspirants to interact with industry practitioners and ask them the right questions.
- 11 workshops – Workshops would be in person events to take this interaction to the next level. These would be spread across 6 cities – Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai and Pune. So, if you are in any of these cities – we are looking forward to interact with you.
- 2 Conclaves – These conclaves are larger events with pre-defined agenda and time for networking. The first conclave is happening on 17th December in Bengaluru. You can register for the first conclave here.
- Hackathon – We bring a short version of our popular hackathons as part of this roadshow. Time to pull up your sleeves and showcase your nifty skills. We will be announcing the format and the event shortly on our DataHack platform as well.
P.S. I am doing a workshop tonight on Why (or why not) to become a data scientist. You can register for it here
Few words from the Experts
Here are a few words form the experts on the roadshow:
I’m consistently asked two questions: how do you analyze data, and how do I get started? I’m thrilled that with the UpGrad- IIIT Bangalore Analytics Roadshow, Gramener will help students and professionals get the insider’s view of a career in data analytics.
– S Anand, CEO – Gramener
We have engaged with more than 20,000 analytics aspirants and our biggest realization is that there is a lot of noise around analytics but no clear signal for aspiring professionals who want to take up analytics as a career. With this roadshow we aim to help professionals get a sharp understanding on the Who, What, Where, When, Why & How (5W1H) of analytics.
– Phalgun Kompalli, Co-Founder – UpGrad
Analytics can play a similar role to what IT did for India in 2000; it can help propel the next wave of economic growth and employment generation, but we need to train people to grab this opportunity. In this pursuit, IIIT Bangalore is organizing this roadshow and also offering a PG Diploma program in Data Analytics with UpGrad to help professionals get an academic rigorous and industry relevant learning experience
– Prof. Sadagopan, Director IIIT Bangalore
The action in On!
If you have been thinking of interacting with industry experts to understand what the industry entails, how does it feel to be part of the industry, what are the challenges you face in this industry – here is your chance to grab it. We are coming to your city and providing you a platform to interact with the best. Come be a part of this roadshow.