2 days to go for the DataHack Summit
What do you think of when you hear the word “Summit” or “Conference”? You think, knowledgeable talks and theoretical buzz. Research and case studies. Reports and insights.
A lot of conferences follow the same guidelines and eventually get redundant. As the times change, so should the way in which conferences are conducted.
In a glorious attempt to redefine those two words and to eradicate redundancy; if Data Science & Machine Learning have always been your calling and you want to meet the biggest names of the industry who have redefined the data science-scape, we bring to you Data Hack Summit 2017 and it definitely is the place to be this week.
Crucial to science education is hands-on involvement: showing, not just telling; real experiments and field trips and not just ‘virtual reality.’
What is the DataHack Summit?
We at Analytics Vidhya feel passionately about enhancing data science culture in India. We want people to talk, showcase and learn data science. With the Datahack Summit, we aim to create a conference which leaves you in the company of several like minded passionate people.
And not just meeting these people, we have 30+ talks, 10 Hack Sessions, 6 full day workshops and much more. We get you in touch with people with expertise in several domains involving Machine learning, Deep Learning, Artificial intelligence, Business Analytics, BioGenomics, Geo-spatial coding and various other topics. At the DataHack Summit, you don’t just hear people talk, you also witness multiple live coding sessions. You have 10 hack sessions where the speaker gives a live demo for you to understand their approach to various problems.
Let’s go into bit more detail of what to expect in these 3 days!
What to expect @The DataHack Summit
The Conference is not just aimed at having Data Scientists. We have people from various domains and Profiles, we have people from managers to professors, Analysts to CEOs. Let’s take a look at the distribution of the profiles of people you shall meet at the DATAHACK SUMMIT.
DATAHACK SUMMIT marks the presence of 200+ organisations under a single roof. We shall have 800+ people from organisations like American Express, Fidelity Investments, Accenture, Shell, HP, Intel and many other organisations. You can take a look at the distribution of all these participating organisations.
The first step towards learning about a specific topic would be to hear what it is all about. Who can do this better than the best in the field?
Her’s a list of a few of our speakers. You can check the entire list here.
Our Keynote speaker, Dr. Kirk Borne is one of the most influential people in the field of Data Science. He worked 18 years supporting NASA projects in various roles, including Data Archive Project Scientist for the Hubble Space Telescope which was once informally dubbed as one of the greatest achievements of mankind. He has a PhD in Astronomy from Caltech and a BS in Physics from LSU.
Another one of our famed speakers, Bharat Kaul, has been at Intel for 17+ years, a brand that most people associate very closely with. Bharat’s lab focuses on Application driven Architectural Performance leadership for Intel for multi-core/many architectures with special focus on Artificial Intelligence and High Performance Computing. The lab works in close collaboration with leading academic and industry partners with 30+ papers in last years in Tier-1 conferences.
This is something unique we can up with. We don’t just want to audience to hear experts talk, we would also want the participants to see experts coding. The DataHack Summit marks 10, one hour hack sessions where experts would be doing a live problem solving in front of the audience
Some of the Hack Sessions include –
- Neural Approaches To Build Recommendation Systems
- Introduction to Implementing Neural Networks using TensorFlow
- Forecasting Stock Returns using ARIMA model (Time Series Modeling)
- Automate Machine Learning pipeline using MLBox
- Visual Storytelling With D3.JS
- Sentiment Analysis using NLP and Deep Learning
You can see the entire list of the hack sessions here.
Now that you’ve acquainted yourself with the latest advancements of the field and domain, how do you understand where and when to apply these?
The 8 hour workshop sessions are specially curated for beginners and experts alike, where you’ll be taught about a certain topic and guided through hands on coding by experts as you get the most out of your learning. You will be taught by industry experts and Kaggle grandmasters to learn tips and tricks you never knew about!
Workshops we would be having at the DataHack Summit:
- Hands on Deep Learning Using TensorFlow – The goal of this workshop is to get you up to speed with the advancements in Deep Learning with a practical perspective. Along with this, you will also get to know TensorFlow, a tool which has been getting heavy attention from the community due to its extensiveness in providing end-to-end solutions.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) for Beginners – In this 8-hour workshop, you will get to know about natural language processing, creating word embeddings and developing learners to perform NLP tasks like sentiment analysis, auto correction and much more.
- The MasterClass – How to win Data Science Challenges? – The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for exchanging ideas and new approaches to become masters of data science challenges. Through this workshop, the top data scientists from India will share how they approach data science competitions.
- Machine Learning at Scale using SPARKML for Big Data – This workshop goes beyond building your expertise in applying different machine learning algorithms on huge data using MLLib. It focuses on how machine learning algorithms can be applied at scale to work on petabytes of data, to generate models used for predictions.
- Applied Machine Learning – This workshop is designed to help learn how to apply machine learning to business problems. Real-life case studies are used to teach the various algorithms and techniques. The focus will be on applications, rather than on exposition of the various algorithms.
- Powering Artificial Intelligence with Intel® Architecture – Experts from Intel will take you thru a half-day workshop on how to leverage Deep learning on Intel architecture.
More than anything else the conference aims to summon all data scientists, CXOs, Directors, Business Consultants, Startup Founders and Architects under one roof and get them talking about what’s going on new in the industry.
At this mini event, we give you time to exchange your cards, get familiar with as many people as you can. We will pair up consultants with consultees, trainers with trainees and most importantly, job seekers with employers!
Following will be the areas of focus of discussions at the DataHack Summit 2017:
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Natural Language Processing
- Applications of Data Science in Health Care
- Internet of Things
- Applications of Data Science in FinTech
Why DataHack Summit is the place to be this week !
- A chance to meet prolific data scientists like Kirk Borne, Bharat Kaul, Prithvi Chandrasekhar, Satnam Singh among others who will not just reveal their secrets but also guide and help you traverse the path of data science, machine learning and AI with their expertise, tips and guidelines.
- An opportunity to get an in-depth crash course covering the challenges of the field that will help you attain deep insights into the problem and solve it like a pro!
- Live interactive sessions with the bestsellers in the biz who will take you through a relevant, current problem and solve it in about 59 minutes!
- The life-time opportunity to meet and greet important people from the world of data science. Do we hear networking game 101 being activated?
Data Hack Summit 2017 is India’s biggest conference on Data science , ML and AI. Visit www.analyticsvidhya.com/datahacksummit to know more about the conference and how you can be a part of the learning extravaganza. We are extremely excited to organize the first ever largest AI/ML conference in India. See you at the DataHack Summit!