Analytics Vidhya started as a blog in 2013 and has grown into a thriving community of data science professionals. We have evolved the platform based on our community needs and feedback. Today Analytics Vidhya offers Meetups, Webinars, DataHack platform, job portal, training portal and our flagship event DataHack Summit.
Across these engagement points offered by Analytics Vidhya – the most popular continues to be our blog. Our blog continues to play an anchor in the way we have built this community. Thousands of people have benefitted from the resource provided on our blog. We are planning to step up our efforts in this direction today.
We are extremely excited to announce the launch of
Why start a Medium Publication?
Now you might ask, why start a Medium publication?
Simply because we believe that we can grow our community and its impact multi-fold by creating a channel where people can contribute in the same way they learnt from the platform.
Medium offers seamless manner for a community run publication and we intend to run it that way. We want community members to come and share their knowledge so that everyone in the community benefits further.
What can you expect from our Medium Publication?
Here are a few things you can expect from our Medium publication:
- Top notch articles from our community members – We will work with our community members to continuously provide them feedback and improve their writing. We will only publish something when it meets our standards.
- Community Editors and Writers – The Editors and writers would be from community. We will groom them to share what we have learnt over the years. Call for Writers and Editors is open below. Come join us to share your knowledge and make an impact in life of millions of data scientists.
- Ton of free content for community to learn – We encourage open knowledge sharing and would keep it that way. The aim for medium channel is to create an impact on the community. To that extent, we will keep as many resources free as possible.
Excited? Here is what you need to do next
Open Call for Writers
As we launch this publication, we are thrilled to open the floor for budding and experienced writers who want to showcase their work to our broad and thriving community. Our aim has always been to spread data science knowledge and make it accessible to as many people as possible, around the globe.
We have played an active role in this regard in the last 5 years, and continue to do so proudly. You bring the creativity and your passion for data science, and we now provide you with a platform to display it to the world.
Some of the key benefits you will receive as a writer:
- We have a thriving and active community. As a writer, you get visibility in front of a broad audience!
- Recognition as a subject matter expert
- Obtain valuable and insightful feedback from experienced editors well versed in machine learning topics
Wait, there’s more..
Join the AV Editor’s Club
Yes, that’s right – there is an opportunity to work with us in the capacity of an Editor! We are looking for Editors and Content creators who can drive our blog and content platform to the next level.
Are you passionate about data science journalism? Do you have an itch to try and experiment with the latest tools, techniques and frameworks as soon as they come out? Can you take complex data ideas and explain them in simple easy to understand content? Do you love to share your knowledge and skill with the rest of the universe? Do you think your writing skills can enable and inspire the next generation of data scientists across the globe?
If the answer to the above questions was yes, then you are welcome to become the Founding member of AV’s Editor Club.
Apply here to submit your application and we will be in touch with you.
Got questions? Head over to this article on Medium which covers a lot of what you might be wondering. If there’s anything else, please go ahead and connect with us in the comments section
Are you ready?
So, are you ready to answer the call and bring your A-game? This is a golden opportunity to collaborate and work with Analytics Vidhya’s awesome team and launch yourself on a global platform. See you on AV’s Medium page!You can also read this article on our Mobile APP