12 FAQs on AWS Asked in Interviews
This article was published as a part of the Data Science Blogathon.
The way big business tycoons run has changed a lot since the past. The concept of “Cloud Computing” has played a major role in this. This implementation of cloud computing technology has led to the need for Cloud Computing Experts. The software team must be familiar with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud-storage facility to stay abreast with leading technologies, one of the compositions of the “Hot Topics List” in the market for their high utility value. So to kick-start your career as a developer in the field of cloud computing, and excel in the interviews with flying colors, below are some curated questions that are often asked in the interviews.
AWS Interview Questions
1) What do you mean by cloud computing?
Cloud computing performs operations on IT resources such as systems, stages, or programs as their organizations are utilized over the Net with a pay-per-use preface. Cloud advantage suppliers are companies with open cloud or information centres that offer operations like compute, capacity, database, operations, development, exhorting, and analytics.
Cloud Computing is broad of three types :
Infrastructure as a Service(Iaas), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service(SaaS)
2) What are the major benefits of Cloud Computing?
The major benefits include :
1) Cloud Computing enhances security. It uses many industry-level protocols like HIPAA.
2) As cloud computing is relatively cheaper, it is often a good option for startups.
3) Cloud Computing companies promise their clients 100% data backup to ensure the crucial data is never lost.
3) Name the major components of AWS.
Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2): EC2 is a service provided by Amazon to enable developers’ cloud computing facilities.
- Simple Storage Service (S3): It is a storage platform used to store and fetch any information over the internet.
- Identity and Access Management(IAM): provides the service of super-secure functioning on the services of AWS.
- Route 53: It is a service provided by AWS to route end-user applications in an economical and routine fashion.
- Elastic Block Store (EBS) provides block-storage volumes to store persistent data.
- CloudWatch: It is used to get an insight and monitor the applications and their infrastructures.
4) Name some major differences between Simple Storage Service (S3) and Electronic Block Storage(EBS).
The major differences between the two are as:
Image source: https://jayendrapatil.com/aws-s3-vs-ebs-vs-efs/
5) Brief about the relationship between an “Instance” and “AMI”.
We can create multiple instances from a single AMI. We can easily communicate with the instance, treating it like any node on the internet.An AMI includes the “Permission to Launch” to choose from which accounts in AWS will be able to launch the instances. It will also contain mapping to find the amount of volume to link with an instance at that time of launch.
6)What do you understand by “key-pair” in AWS?
We need to securely store the login details when we use any virtual machine. That is how “Key – value” pairs help us. It helps us to connect to the instances we launched.
7) What is DynamoDB?
8) What is Elastic Beanstalk?
9) Explain RedShift and SQS in brief.
RedShift is a huge data warehouse (amounts in petabytes). It is simple to use, affordable and can be manually customized per your current business needs.SQS on the other hand, is an acronym for Simple Query Service. It is a text-message enqueuing service that acts as the medium between two separate controllers.
10) What do you understand by “Hybrid Cloud Architecture” and “Configuration Management”?
“Hybrid Cloud Architecture” basically refers to splitting the workload into two halves: the public load and the 2nd one local storage. It is a conglomerate of public and private cloud services between two platforms.
“Configuration Management”, on the other hand, manages the configuration files and settings that are provided by their code-base. It is an extensively recursive and iterative process that REST APIs majorly achieve.
11) What are the lifecycle hooks in AWS autoscaling?
12) What is “logging” in CloudFront? What is CloudWatch?
CloudFront is used to enable or disable the logging. The “Logs” contains all the basic information like date, time, etc. When enabled, the logs are stored in the S3 Buckets, which in the future can be analyzed for other purposes.
CloudWatch is a storehouse for metrics. It is used to monitor the applications and services. We can take the help of the past events data to automate the tasks and reduce the time consumed, here measured in units of MTTR (Mean Time To Resolution).
Cloud Computing is going to be a booming field for IT and other businesses as well. AWS is one of the most commonly utilized cloud storage at the show. Different companies have embraced AWS to store information and develop a framework for their business. Whether you’re a Fresher or someone who has prior experience, preparing yourself with these AWS Meet Questions and Answers will assist you ensured victory in your AWS journey that lies ahead.
So, ending with some info-bytes summed up in a Nutshell :
1. AWS has three major products that are used – EC2, LightSail, and Lambda.
2. The main features of AWS that make it so useful – Scalability, Security, and Customizability.
3. A SnowBall is an app that allows users to send and receive terra-bytes of data within the AWS environment
I hope that these questions will help you in your AWS interviews shortly. The questions are collected from various sources, including some interview experiences for some present AWS developers.
That is all from my side for now. If you have any doubts, feel free to ping me on Linked-in.
The media shown in this article is not owned by Analytics Vidhya and is used at the Author’s discretion.